Monday 22 April 2013

Sunshine Indoors - Everything Under One Roof

Greetings gals n pals

Well it's been a busy week since I last posted. I've left my job in the city and started a new one closer to home today. My work/life balance is now on an even keel.

Better than that though, the wheels have firmly been in motion this weekend and some major parts of the wedding have been booked.  The first one ticked off the list was the venue. We pootled topless (roof down on the car, smut fans) to sunny Eastbourne. This is a place close to Andy's heart as he was  born there. We had one venue on our hit list so it was shit or bust. Luckily the date we wanted was available so we nabbed it with both hands.  The date you need to know is Saturday 12 April 2014.    
(Or in other words the weekend before Viva!)

 It's on Eastbourne pier in the Ocean Suite. It's situated to the rear of the pier (ooh that rhymes) and looks out, obviously to sea. It's decked out all in white which makes it look rather spacious. It's also licensed to carry out the ceremony so everything can be done under one roof.

Hope you agree it all looks rather lovely and even if the sun doesn't shine for us, it will still be a dramatic view














Luckily they had our date available so our seaside nuptials are on! We've also booked our wedding night accommodation (they do a deal with the pier so cheap rates!).  Once we've finalised the guest list we will let you know where it is so you can also book a cheap room.

We've also decided that the meal will be pie, mash and liquor and in the evening there will be chip, bacon and fishfinger butties. Who needs frills?

I've also decided that I need a bit of glamour bridesmaid wise so I've asked my best friend Jackie (@shoegirl1968) and my 2 younger sisters.  I've known Jackie since 1986 when we first were pen-pals and we've never looked back. Here is a picture of us on the day we met, taken in a photo booth. It's only apt that we will be having a photo booth at the wedding!


That's all for now.  Will soon be time to think about a dress, makeup, photographer to name but a few. I will check out a vintage wedding fayre in Brighton this weekend.
http://www.bellesevents.co.uk/belles-bridal-bazaar/


However if you can recommend anyone or even yourself please send me links to your site.

Ta-ta for now

80schickx

No comments:

Post a Comment