Thursday 2 May 2013

Food, fairs and fotos

Greetings gals n pals




It’s been another busy week on the organising front. Considering the wedding seems so far away, there is a huge amount of preparation to do done. All extremely enjoyable I must admit.



Next on our hit list was to hire a photographer. Both Andy and I have looked at a lot of websites and it’s a minefield out there. Do you go by recommendation, someone you know or just take pot luck ? The search could of gone on forever, but sometimes things just fall into your lap. Call it fate.



One day last week, someone had retweeted a request for couples toget in touch if they were still looking for a wedding photographer. I didn’t think it would hurt to reply so I quickly sent a reply saying I would be interested. The lovely Becky responded (@bec1989) who told me she was looking to build up her portfolio and would love to work with us as she liked our “style”. After checking out her website, we both agreed that we’d love to work with her and quickly booked her services. Her wonderful photos can be viewed here.



www.beckryanphotography.co.uk



In other news, I went to a vintage wedding fair run by Belles Events. This was held in Brighton, and there was an array of stalls displaying accessories, flower arrangements, and my personal favourite, the champagne flavoured candy floss. Obviously I didn’t turn down the opportunity to try a sample, but I forgot how messy it was to eat – cue sticky fingers and a dirty face. If only my mum was on hand to spit on a hankie and wipe my face! They hold a number of vintage events in Sussex – check our their website www.bellesevents.co.uk



Andy has been hard at work discussing our wedding menu with the caterers. He’s so much more persuasive than me and as a result has got us a cracking menu for both the wedding breakfast (why is it called that?) and the evening “do” We don’t want to give away too much information at present but you will be in for a treat and there will be no need to take a doggy bag home as I can’t imagine there will be any leftovers. He’s also designed our evening invitations – again all will be revealed but it does incorporate all the things that we enjoy. I’m waiting for my inspired moment but it’s yet to happen. So far I’ve decided what should be placed on each table but that’s as far as I’ve managed. I do think Andy would make a fabulous wedding planner darlings!



I have been “umming and ahhing” about whether to be given away. As an older bride (a-hem) and it being a civil ceremony I was worried I’d look a bit stupid. However part of me also wanted a bit of tradition so I did ask my dad to do the deed. The response I got was “I’ve been trying to give you away for years.”



Another conundrum is flowers. Yes or No? Again something that is still to be deliberated over. I’ll chew the fat with @vix_vintatge about that. She told me the other week that she’s a qualified florist and has displayed at Chelsea Flower show. Funny the things you learn over Twitter!



Well that’s all for now. I’ll be off now, as if I don’t go away, I can’t come back.



80schickx

No comments:

Post a Comment