Monday 15 April 2013

He Liked It So He Put A Ring On It

Hello one and all.

First of all, I request your patience.  It's taken me all evening to set this up and for a girl who has worked in IT since decimalisation was introduced is frankly, embarrassing!

Anyway, now I've calmed down and taken a few deep breaths, I can begin.  I haven't written anything of any note since my English O Level in 1986 so I apologise if this post rambles on.

So, where to begin? I guess with my wonderful 21st century proposal.  My other half (still getting used to calling him my "fiancé" popped the question via Facebook. The pic below says it all and although I've read it many times I still get goosebumps


I was sitting in the cafe at the Orleans Hotel in Las Vegas when a Facebook friend request popped up on my phone.  Once I accepted it, I read the above message in disbelief . It took a few reads for it to sink in and I burst into tears. I was too caught up in the moment to bring attention to myself and I'm proud that even in a crowded area, only us 2 were aware what was going on.  However, as I read the message I didn't realise that many friends were reading it at the same time as me, which thinking about it, is quite surreal.

The proposal was due to take place the day before on the New York New York roller coaster. New York and Vegas are 2 of my favourite places so it was the perfect setting. However, I've been told that as we reached the summit, he looked across at me to ask that all important question, and I had my eyes shut and was in floods. I hated that bloody roller coaster! I prefer the Facebook proposal for sure.  No ring was given so I wore my Great Frog skull ring in the interim. The following day, we decided to look for a ring at the Car Show. It had to be anything that fitted because I have the worlds smallest fingers. (My ring finger is a size "F".) Amazingly a ring was found quickly for the grand sum of $5. Eventually we will go shopping for the proper ring, but the longer I wear my thrift ring, the more I love it and I'm happy to stick with what I've got. Afterall, it's what the ring represents and not the cost.  Here it is and I'm so glad I'd recently had a manicure!



So , now I'm home and the dust is starting to settle, a wedding needs to be planned. Vintage style naturally. I've bought a wedding planner and a recently published vintage wedding book. We've also contacted a couple of venues and are shocked at their Saturday wedding charges. Maybe a Vegas drive-in wedding wasn't such a bad idea afterall.......

Stay tuned for the next round of events... There will be a few twists and turns in the planning that's for sure.

80schickx




No comments:

Post a Comment