Tuesday 3 December 2013

Elizabeth Taylor and I

Greetings readers

Yet again, a million apologies for the lack of blogging. I just can't get to grips with it. This is my 3rd attempt to write this blog this evening and how I haven't thrown the iPad across the room I'll never know! I guess I should practice more!

So the wedding preparations are in full swing ands a lot of preparation has been done. The final phase of operation  honeymoon has been completed.  We have booked a night on the Queen Mary which is docked at Long Beach, so a good excuse for full on glamour. Elizabeth Taylor and Nicky Hilton spent their honeymoon there (hubby number 1) - fingers crossed our nuptials last longer than theirs! A feeling in my waters tells me we'll be ok.  Anyway, all blogs need photos so here is the happy couple (at the time) on the Queen Mary.

In September we finally chose our wedding invitation design and after 8 long weeks they finally arrived from the good ole U S of A. We wanted to bring a little touch of Vegas to the design and I think we've captured that without being over the top.  I spent a Sunday afternoon writing them in my neatest handwriting and the backache I endured was totally worth it. I wouldn't let Andy near them as his handwriting is  appalling! I left him watching movies instead so I'm sure he didn't mind too much!

Most of them have been sent out and I must say, the feedback we've received has been wonderful. The evening invitations have also been issued, which are an A4 dance poster design. Again I'm blown away by the quality.

Day invitations 
I've also made an appointment for our bridesmaids to try on some gorgeous frocks at www.vivienofholloway.com  later on in the new year. I might just have to try on some too. Well, what's a girl to do?

On Saturday I'm hooking up with the lovely Vicky Leggett (@Vix_Vintage) to talk about all things flowers, so it will be lovely to hook up again. Plus I can have a gawp at her engagement ring!

Well I think that's all my news for now. I guess my next blog will be in the new year, when I can let you know how my hair and makeup trial with www.lipstickandcurls.net went. Andy and I also have a meeting at the venue in early January to run through the order of the day. It will certainly feel very real then! I can't wait to tell them what music I've chosen to walk down the aisle to. Just one clue. It's from 1983. I'll say no more about that!

Anyway I must be heading off now.  It just leaves me to wish you all a naughty and drunken Christmas and a boisterous new year.

Much love

80schickx

No comments:

Post a Comment