Monday 30 December 2013

3.5 Months To Go...eek!

Greetings gals n pals

Christmas seems like a blur already, it feels like it didn't really happen.  Alas the weight gain is all too real and with just over 3.5 months to go I have an (albeit) small mountain to climb to transform from Henry Kelly into Grace Kelly!

The wedding invitations have been sent and the replies are starting to land on our doormat. Thanks to you all for the wonderful feedback. We spent a long time choosing the right design for us so we are pleased that you all approve.

A few weeks ago I hooked up with Vicky Leggett in the sumptuous surroundings of McDonald's on the A41 to discuss all things flowers.  Andy has given me free reign on this front so he stayed at home entertaining his daughters or watching Grandstand!  We looked at my Pinterest board and Vicky's knowledge on what flowers will be in season next April was a massive help.  I was cock-a-hoop when she offered to help me.  She's left me with the task to look at the chosen flowers in a florists just to get an idea of size and smell. We only spent about 10 minutes discussing this which meant more time for stuffing our faces and talking about her own marriage proposal!

The near year will start with as visit to Littlehampton to have a tasting session with our caterers along with a visit to the wedding venue.  It will be nice to have another look around the pier again as I've not seen it since April and I'm starting to forget what it looks and feels like inside.

 I've also decided on a hen day. You'll be pleased to know that I haven't opted for a week in Benidorm but an afternoon in Brighton learning how to mix cocktails, then drinking them naturally, followed by  vintage hairstyling for  those that want it. Sounds right up my alley.  I've gone for the Rock n Roller package with http://www.teaandtrim.com I only ask that I'm not forced to wear L plates! I may consider carrying around an inflatable willy though!

This is my last post of the year.  2013 has certainly been a year to remember, not just for me but for a lot of my friends who have got engaged this year. A special congratulations go to Jet, Kim, Karen King and Vicky from the UK and my US buddies Kenny, Adam and Annie and not forgetting Nicole in Australia.

I'm sure next year will go by in a flash and I want to savour every moment. If I do forget some of the finer details I'll always have this.....

 
The Proposal
Have a wonderful new year, whether it's peaceful or boisterous!

80schickx
 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you lovely! I've loved reading your blog and can't wait to see pics of the day :-) xx

    ReplyDelete